Looking back on 2015 seems like a blur. I feel like I wrote our 2014 post two days ago. Time is crazy. Anyways, I’ll summarize 2015 as water, woods, and surgeries.
Jimmy took up hunting this year. He also got a compound bow to use hunting (woods). He got two deer this winter, success, so we’ll be enjoying venison chili throughout this year.
Jimmy continued his skeet shooting league. He was captain this year. He also joined two lacross leagues, which he loves.
Jimmy is still working as the Geotechnical Department Manager at the National Harbor office, which he loves.
In 2015, I finished my first half marathon! In well under the time I predicted. And I did not walk once – that was my main goal, well that and not just give up and lay on the side of the road.
Speaking of health, I discovered a new love affair with Pure Barre. I was a ballet dancer for oh, 10 years of my life, so this workout brings back all of the memories. It’s hard. It’s fun. It makes me so happy! And, it’s a fantastic workout. Jimmy was the best and got me classes for Christmas (it’s sadly, very expensive:( )
I took a wonderful girls trip to Smith Mountain Lake with some of my best college friends.
In the most exciting news, I got lasik! I absolutely love it! In the most painful news, I got my wisdom teeth out in December (all four and two were impacted) and that was brutal. (two surgeries there)
We (Ingrid & Jimmy)
We spent almost every Spring & Summer weekend in Southern Maryland (woods & water). We helped my parents work on the new property throughout the Spring and then enjoyed boating, fishing, bow shooting (Jimmy), swimming, and family time throughout the summer. It is Kai’s favorite place in the world so we go as often as we can. It’s all about the dog amiright?
We went to the Outer Banks for a Memorial Day trip with a bunch of friends, that was a blast. Jimmy really enjoyed surf fishing. (water)
We went to the Penthouse twice, once with Ted & Lauren, and once with Kurt & Kate. (more water). We’re so thankful to have that property in the family.
We saw Cinderella during a wonderful night out with Jimmy’s parents and sister Katie for my birthday – thank you!
We went to our 6th Vintage Virginia wine festival.
We celebrated our third anniversary.
We went to Blacksburg for a football game with some great friends. In true Bburg fashion, it was cold and rainy the whole time, but man, it was wonderful to be back!
Finally, we hosted a fun New Years Eve party for our friends to close out the year.
Looking ahead to 2016.
I am copying and pasting from my 2014 (and sadly 2015) posts because, well, we very much failed on accomplishing any of our goals. Whoops. I’ll write a little commentary on if we completed anything or not.
From 2014 & 2015 posts:
“This is also a challenge because you never really know where life is going to go, but I do see some things happening.
We have some house projects we want to complete:” (reflections on my 2014 list)
- Fixing our side steps. The concrete’s been struggling since I was around 12 so we’re going to just replace it with a pressure treated wood step/landing/storage thing – this is clearly more Jimmy & my Dad’s plan – We did this!!!!!
- Finishing painting. In 2012/2013 we painted the living room, dining room, master bedroom, kitchen, guest bedrooms (2) & Jimmy’s video game room. In
2014 20152016, we have the entryway, stairway, hallway, 3 bathrooms & basement and we’re done [whew] – didn’t do any of this.
- Landscaping. There are plans for the backyard. I am vaguely aware of them. I have stated Sugar’s stones stay. That’s all I care about. – nope, not done. Actually not even started…
- Building a slate patio in the backyard. – didn’t even start this either
- Organization. As much as I hate to admit, I still have a couple of boxes of my things that don’t have a place in our home yet. I want to get everything organized and condensed as much as possible this year. – those boxes are still there. Things are a little better organized – our pantry and linen closet definitely – but still a ways to go on everything else.
New 2015 projects & goals: (let’s be ambitious and add to the list we didn’t accomplish last year, that’s totally the way to do this life planning thing, right?)
- Helping restore/renovate Hotel California (new property addition to the Freemyer family – posts to come) – we did this!
- Renovating our two bathrooms – nope, maybe not doing that and actually doing the kitchen (depending on if you talk to me or Jimmy)
- I: Run in my first half marathon – did this!
Since it worked so well the last time, let’s add some more goals here.
- Declutter. “Living clean in 2016.” I want to get rid of the clothes/crafts/stuff we don’t use any more and simplify and declutter our lives.
- continue as many Pure Barre classes as possible
Trips for 2015:
- Penthouse to enjoy the beach – did this twice, A for I&J
- Hotel California to enjoy boating – did this all Spring & Summer, and some Fall actually, A for I&J
- Colorado to visit Todd – nope, did not happen
- Blacksburg for a Tech game – scheduled for October – yep, did this!
Trips for 2016:
- Penthouse to enjoy the beach
- Hotel California to enjoy boating
- Colorado to visit Todd
- Boston for a Lombardo family reunion of sorts
Well, considering how successful we were in
2014 2015, I’m going to leave our projects, goals, and trips at that and see how we do.